Leesburg, VA – September 3, 2010 – (RealEstateRama) — The Loudoun County Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program, also known as Section 8 Rental Assistance, is opening its waiting list to new applicants. The HCV program is a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development-funded, rental assistance program for low-income households administered by the Loudoun County Department of Family Services (DFS). Because of budget limitations, the waiting list has been closed to new applicants since July 2007.
The waiting list will be open for new applicants from 8:30 a.m., Monday, September 20, 2010, to 5:00 p.m., Thursday, September 30, 2010. Beginning September 20, applications may be submitted online at www.loudoun.gov/housingchoice; by fax at 703-777-0109; by mail to DFS, 102 Heritage Way N.E., Suite 103, Leesburg VA 20176; or in person at the Heritage Way address. To request an application by mail, call Meg Asaro at 703-777-0623 and be sure to leave a clear message with name, address and phone number. Applications will not be available until 8:30 a.m., September 20, 2010. and must be returned by 5:00 p.m., September 30, 2010. Mailed-in applications must be received within two weeks of the date mailed.
Applicants will be considered for rental assistance based on meeting basic program requirements and will be placed on the waiting list by time and date the application is received. Being accepted onto the wait list is does not guarantee receipt of a future voucher.
# # #
Contact: Contact: Ron Eamich, DFS, 703-777-0186; Stu Shatz, DFS, 703-737-8969
No related posts.
- Arlington Board, Manager Work to Include Employee Merit Step Increases in FY 2015 Budget
- Arlington County Board Reduces Real Estate Tax Rate in FY 2015 Budget Mark-up
- Casagrande ‘Sleeps Out’ in Trenton to Raise Awareness, Funds for Covenant House
- Arlington County Board Approves $16.5 Million Loan to Preserve Affordable Housing on Columbia Pike
- Moran Proposes COLA Reform for Members of Congress
- Arlington County Board Approves Final Phase of Potomac Yard Development
- Arlington County Board Approves Redevelopment of Former Bob Peck Site
- Housing Choice Voucher Program to Open Waiting List
- HUD announces $300 million in Recovery Act grants to create green public housing
- Free VHDA Homeownership Classes Set For Northern Virginia In February
- Kettler’s West Village Of Shirlington Townhomes Offering Free Smart Fortwo Pure With Home Purchase
- HUD awards $2.4 million in Housing Counseling Grants to 22 housing counseling organizations in Virginia
- Free VHDA Homeownership Classes Set For Hampton Roads In November
- Free VHDA Homeownership Classes Set For Northern Virginia In November
- Loudoun County: Deadline for Real Estate Taxes is December 5