April 12, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — The Alexandria City Council will hold a public hearing on the 2012 Real Estate and Personal Property Tax Rates on Saturday, April 14, beginning at 9:30 a.m. in City Council Chambers, Room 2400 (2nd Floor) at Alexandria City Hall, 301 King St. On March 13, the Alexandria City Council voted 5-2 to authorized advertising a maximum possible real residential property tax increase to $1.008 per $100 assessed value, an increase of one cent. The personal property tax rate on vehicles and business tangible property tax rates would remain unchanged. The Council will determine and vote on a final real property tax rate when they adopt the Operating Budget and Capital Improvement Program on May 7, 2012.
Individuals may sign up online prior to the public hearing or call the Office of the City Clerk and Clerk of Council at 703.746.4550. Presenters are requested to provide a copy of their text to the City Clerk and Clerk of Council. Persons with disabilities who wish to request an accommodation for this public hearing should contract the Office of the City Clerk and Clerk of Council at 703.746.4550 (TTY/TDD 703.838.5056) prior to April 14, 2012, if possible.
For more information about the Cityâ€™s draft FY 2013 Budget, visitÂ alexandriava.gov/Budget.
No related posts.
- The Carder Warren Realty Group listings are displayed with ease on IDX synced website hosted by Realtor Woody Warren
- Arlington County Board Adopts Revised Zoning Ordinance Regulations for Outdoor Cafes
- Alexandriaâ€™s First Half Real Estate Tax Bills Mailed May 14
- IDX Broker software integrated onto dynamic Creed Realty online property search pages
- Tim Cochran enables IDX Broker on Rose & Womble Realty Company website to create dynamic online real estate resource
- Arlington County Board Approves Final Phase of Potomac Yard Development
- Arlington County Board Approves Redevelopment of Former Bob Peck Site
- Housing Choice Voucher Program to Open Waiting List
- HUD announces $300 million in Recovery Act grants to create green public housing
- Free VHDA Homeownership Classes Set For Northern Virginia In February
- Kettlerâ€™s West Village Of Shirlington Townhomes Offering Free Smart Fortwo Pure With Home Purchase
- HUD awards $2.4 million in Housing Counseling Grants to 22 housing counseling organizations in Virginia
- Free VHDA Homeownership Classes Set For Hampton Roads In November
- Free VHDA Homeownership Classes Set For Northern Virginia In November
- Loudoun County: Deadline for Real Estate Taxes is December 5